Club

About

Mullingar Golf ClubThe Mullingar Course at Belvedere on the outskirts of town is the work of famous Scottish designer James Braid. Although some changes have been made since its creation in 1935 Mullingar is essentially as its designer intended, a championship challenge set in old wooded and delightfully undulating parklands. The course runs to 6685 yards with a classic par 72 balance of 10 par 4's, 4 par 5's and 4 par 3's...Read more ›

Clubhouse

Our Catering Team are committed to preparing and serving the finest quality, fresh, seasonal produce. All of our meat products are fully traceable from farm to fork and we support local suppliers where possible. Why not take some time out to enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of our Coffee  and lounge area? Offering speciality coffees, homemade scones and other tasty treats. Just need a coffee to go?  We can do that too. Our comfortable...Read more ›

David Jones

Having had a successful career as a professional golfer with many fine performances to his name including all the Irish domestic pro events and 31 international course records. He combined his position as club pro in Bangor with a short, but successful career on the British and European tour winning the British Pros and The Kenya Open, David Jones, more or less fell into the golf course architecture by accident...Read more ›

James Braid

James Braid born in Fife on February 6th 1870 and died at Walton Heath on 27th November 1950. Together with Harry Vardon and J.H. Taylor he formed the Great Triumvirate, which dominated the game for twenty years before the 1914-18 war. In a ten year period he became the first player in the history of the event to win The Open five times. He also finished second on three occasions. He...Read more ›

History

HistoryThe founders and members of Mullingar Golf Club led a somewhat nomadic golfing existence in the first 40 years. Originally called Westmeath Golf Club and founded in 1894, our first members played on what is described as “a small course” at Newbrook, on the site of Mullingar Race Course. In 1903, the club moved to a nine-hole layout in Killian’s field just north of Mullingar town. A major drawback was...Read more ›