Deputy Course Manager
An exciting opportunity is available at Mullingar Golf Club for a highly motivated, forward thinking individual to assist with leading our team of greenkeepers. Designed by James Braid and host to the Mullingar Scratch Trophy, it is widely regarded as one of the great Championship courses.
As part of the overall Management team, the successful candidate will be involved in the day-to-day management of the
operation, and will need to be experienced, hardworking, reliable and highly motivated. They will have the opportunity to contribute to the future development of the course and implement continual improvements in order for the course to realise its full potential.
The successful candidate will have a wide range of responsibilities and be passionate about providing the best possible playing surfaces and condition of external areas to ensure we deliver memorable experiences to our members and visitors.
Applicants will, as a minimum, be expected to demonstrate a proven track record of the following:
- NFQ Level 6 in Green keeping or higher in Sports Turf Management.
- A minimum of 5 years supervisory experience with a proven ability to plan, organise and implement work programs.
- Proven team building abilities with strong communication and leadership qualities.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- Good working knowledge and maintenance of fine turf machinery.
- Able to demonstrate progressive golf course maintenance and presentation techniques.
- Spraying Qualifications, PA1, PA2, PA6.
- Irrigation experience including repair and maintenance.
- Computer literate.
- To be able to prepare and implement budgets.
- Equipped both technically and practically to undertake green keeping duties to the highest standard required.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation.
- Full driving licence.
It would be an advantage but not essential to have:
- NPTC Chainsaw license
- Construction experience.
- Current First Aid Certificate.
- A sound knowledge of the game of golf.
Salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Application may be made by emailing your C.V. and covering letter for the attention of the General Manager to email@example.com
Alternatively apply in writing to: General Manager, Mullingar Golf Club, Belvedere, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
Closing date for applications Friday 18th May @ 5.00p.m.